The Duke of New Mexico

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Spiderman Spiderman....

It was around sunset when I was watering my garden the other day when I spotted this beautiful (yes, I think it's beautiful) big spider that had spun a large web across some wildflowers and a small tree. The web was about 2 feet across and the spider was about the size of a quarter. I grabbed my camera from the house and watched it as it finished its amazing web. I was surprised how quick and precise it's movements were. I'm glad I'm not afraid of spiders because I had to put my camera right up close to get these macro shots. I think I almost touched it with the lens a couple of times... but the spider seemed not to notice I was there. It was too busy spinning it's grand masterpiece. I think this is some sort of Orb Weaver Spider... but I'm not sure. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these photos that are just in time for Halloween.






It's a bird, it's a plane.... it's Spiderman? :)



Here are some close-up photos of the wildflowers that
the web was attached to.

1 Comments:

  • Those are amazing pics! I have this love/fear relationship with spiders. They are so scary (cuz some are poisonous) yet at the some time they look so spectacular!

    By Blogger David, at 6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter