The Duke of New Mexico

Friday, April 18, 2008

Flowers at home... Fun with shooting Super Macro

So the other day I was thinking of how much I missed taking photos with my Canon S2. I had bought a point and shoot Canon Elph SD1000 a few months ago and have been using that because it's so small and pocketable. But I missed the features on my S2. One of the features I missed was being able to shoot in "Super Macro", which means I can put the lens right next to an object and capture a close-up photo. Many cameras will not let you do this and only have a "Macro" setting which usually lets you focus about 12 inches or so in front of your lens.

I decided to put the "Super Macro" setting to good use and photographed some plants that are currently living in my house... my house plants. The green plant photos are of the baby leaves that have just sprouted from the plant! That's why they look so shiny and new! Aren't they cute? In fact, in the last photo of the green plant series, you can see another set of leaves beginning to curl open. Anyways, I hope you enjoy these pictures and feel free to leave some comments for me. I hardly ever get any comments. Oh well :)






















1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter