The Duke of New Mexico

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Weird Sea Life... a day at the ABQ aquarium

Last week I spent a nice day at the aquarium with
my baby nephew Gabriel and his parents. We saw some
strange & interesting sea creatures...
things you don't normally see in the deserts of NM.
I've actually been to the ABQ aquarium like a million times,
so I didn't really take too many photos.



I have no idea what kind of fish this is, but I'd imagine it
being called something like "unicorn fish"...
or perhaps "Pinocchio fish" or even the
"stop staring up my nose" fish. Yeah, I bet that's it.



Here are some infant Jellyfish who were stuck to the glass
and pulsating like some aliens on 'Star Trek'
(yes, I know I'm a nerd)


This fish was hiding in some coral... I believe it's "brain coral".
And I think the fish is a type of "Trigger fish".
(Yes... I know I'm a Nerd!)

Some more of the strangely hypnotizing baby Jellies.
I think the correct name for this stage of Jelly fish
life cycle is called "Ephyra"
(.... and I wonder why I'm still single :)

1 Comments:

  • Ha, I've taken almost the exact same picture of a Unicorn Fish at that aquarium before! Nice, we called it Choda boy after the sidekick in the movie Orgazmo.
    Jenna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter