The Duke of New Mexico

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Motown-Philly, PA ...Doin' a Lil East Coast swing

So originally, visiting Pennsylvania wasn't really part of our plan. But because there was a neat exhibit at the Museum there (King Tut Exhibit), my family wanted to go check it out. What can I say, my family is as spontaneous as I am. I was happy because I got to see another new city/state, and that's always fun. We only spent about a day and a half there but I think it was worth it. The thing that struck me most about the city was how beautiful the architecture was and how much history was tied to it. Many of the streets and sidewalks seem like they were original and stood the test of time. Unfortunately, I have no photographs of the King Tut exhibit because there was no photography allowed... and it was strictly enforced by the security there. But here are some cool random photos of the sites I saw strolling downtown Philly.

The tall building in the back was my favorite skyscraper.
It looked so modern and high tech :)


This huge skyscraper was still being built. I love how it's
mirror-like finish reflected the other buildings around it.
It was a cool optical illusion.


So here's my only photo in the museum. It's of Ben Franklin...
but I think he almost looks like a sitting Buddha.






This was the coolest fountain ever! It was so hot that day...
like over 100 degrees. It took all I had in me to
keep from jumpin' in.
The details in these sculptures were amazing!




Oh No! Quick! Someone call security. Someone's trying
to walk away with the liberty bell :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter