The Duke of New Mexico

Friday, June 08, 2007

California Dreaming

So last weekend I had the pleasure of visiting my "home away from home"... California. One of my favorite places in northern California is a small beach town called "Santa Cruz". The drive to Santa Cruz from San Jose is awesome (using hwy 17). I only wish I had taken my Miata with me, but riding with my brother in his BMW was fun too. The trip was short... only a few days, but it was good to smell that salty ocean air and feel the ocean breeze again.

These photos were taken on the beaches of Santa Cruz with my Canon S2. The rocky outcrop near the beach was the most interesting thing to photograph... so that's why there are tons of photos of it. The wind surfers were cool too and seemed to be having so much fun... I need to learn how to wind surf someday. Hope you enjoy the photos!








This last photo was taken in Chinatown, San Francisco. The lady in "traditional Asian" clothing was handing out advertising fliers... how annoying! Oh well, at least it makes for an interesting photograph. I like how everyone is totally ignoring her :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter