The Duke of New Mexico

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hypnotized Hummingbird


Now that summer is winding down, here's a glimpse at a bird that we'll miss once summer is gone. This photo was taken near the mystical ice caves near Grants, NM. To get this photo I had to dress up like a giant flower and stand near the feeder for 4 hours until this hummingbird came. Alright, so all I did was use my 12x optical zoom on my Canon S2... but I almost had you didn't I? If you look closely, you can actually see the hummingbirds tongue sticking out as it's being hypnotized by the nectar filled feeder. I'm not sure what kind of hummingbird it is... but if I had to take a guess, I'd have to say it was a juvenile male Rufous or Allen's Hummingbird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter