The Duke of New Mexico

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Abiquiu Rocks


Last weekend we decided to do a day trip to a town we've never been to before... Abiquiu. It's in northern New Mexico, and was one of those places I have always wanted to check out. This was partly because I'm a big Georgia O'Keeffe fan and this was the place she chose to call "home". When you get to Abiquiu, it doesn't take long for you to understand why.

I can't believe it took me so long to finally go. It's only about 2.5 hours away from Albuquerque! But I'm really glad I did because it was really beautiful. It was one of the best drives I've had for a while... really scenic and perfect for my little Mazda Miata. The weather was perfect too: sunny with a cool breeze. We could even smell the sweet scent of wildflowers as we drove through.

The photo of the rocks above were taken right off of Highway 84 near Abiquiu Lake. The next few photos are of Abiquiu Lake. Remember to click on the photos for full-size view!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
CounterData.com

compare credit card
compare credit card Counter